Over $1,200,000 Donated
The Mission of the Hellenic Spirit Foundation is to build on our Hellenic legacy through charitable endeavors that support academic, cultural and other non-profit organizations that meaningfully impact our St. Louis community and align with our shared beliefs.
- Over $1,200,000 has been donated to charities and charitable causes for individuals and groups since the Hellenic Spirit Foundation began.
- Our main fundraiser for charities: the annual golf tournament in June.
- Our main charity: Orthodox Christian Families In Need – we donate throughout the year, especially in December.
At the Hellenic Spirit Foundation, we believe that everyone has the power to make a difference through their generosity, Whether you wish to contribute to a specific cause or make a general contribution, we welcome your support. We offer a list of Hellenic Spirit Foundation funds and charities/organizations where you can direct your donation. Additionally, if you have a charitable cause that you would like us to consider, you can submit it for review. We appreciate your support in helping us make a positive impact through charitable endeavors.
Checks can also be sent to Hellenic Spirit Foundation at: 6323 Clayton Avenue, St. Louis MO 63139. Please add a note in the check memo on which charity/fund you are donating to.
Throughout the year, the charitable causes that are submitted to the Hellenic Spirit Foundation STL for consideration are evaluated by the board/committee and funds are disbursed on ad hoc basis.
Lou Potsou Memorial Fund – Lou, our beloved past President, spearheaded the local Orthodox Families In Need. This included reaching out to all the local Orthodox priests and mobilizing resources to assist those facing hardships within our community. The memorial fund is now overseen by Lou’s wife and two sons, who help evaluate each case and allocate funds annually in December. By making a donation, you can help us continue his legacy of compassion and aid the lives of Orthodox families facing challenges.
Below is a list of charities and organizations that Hellenic Spirit Foundation has supported where you can choose how to direct your donation to.
- Boys Town
- Cyprus Children’s Fund
- Fontbonne University Scholarship
- FOCUS St. Louis
- Greek Students (from Greece)
- HSF Greek Byzantine Chair (SLU)
- Hellenic Spirit Foundation Scholarship
- International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) —For Greece
- International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) —For Ukraine
- Mathews Dickey Boys & Girls Club
- Maryville Univ. of St. Louis Scholarship
- Missouri Baptist University
- Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA)
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Childrens Foundation
- The Soulard School
- Toys For Tots
- UMSL scholarship for needy students–greek orthodox students
- UMSL Greek Chair
- UMSL Military Veteran Students